need opinions on cdp with built in volume control up to $2000

I have a couple CD players with built in volume control that I'm very satisfied with but both need service, which may be a simple matter or may not.  Getting service is becoming a real burden though and I would like opinions about other possible options.  The players are a Consonance Droplet 5.0 and a Raysonic 228.   I also have a Modwright Oppo BDP83SE with the tube power supply and had a Cambridge Audio 851C.  The Oppo does a fine job on SACD and DVD-A but is a noticeable step down in sound quality from the Consonance and the Raysonic on redbook cd.  The Cambridge was a further step down and so was sold.  I never use preamps, including passive, and all my sources have built in volume controls so that's what I'm looking for.  I value detail and transparency as well as a focused soundstage more than other qualities.  I  also prefer integrated cd players rather than separate DAC/transports so please, recommendations that follow this.  I prefer to spend about a $1000 or so on the used market but could possibly go up to $2000 if absolutely necessary.  Present options I see include the Classe CDP-202, Meridian G08, Resolution Audio Opus 21, EAR Acute, and a few Cary models.  Opinions based on experience, especially compared to the Consonance or Raysonic, would be greatly appreciated. 
lcherepkai
I agree with you completely on CD players with volume controls, anda also use a couple, including a Consonance Reference 2.0 SACD player. I’ve not heard the RA Opus 21, but the CD55 was a good one. I’ve also considered the EAR Acute, but the long term prospects on reliability likely come in the same as your current two players.

I was the Consonance importer, and might be able to help get your Droplet going again. What trouble is it and the Raysonic giving you, and what part of the country do you live?
any of the Cary CD players w/built in volume control but I warn that they all eventually need new laser drives which is not hard to replace yourself.  306/200, 303/300, 303/200 and some of the newer models they all sound great.
trelja---Looks like Deltronics in Chicago is going to pick up my players and (hopefully) fix them.  Both were having occasional problems playing discs, skipping or distorting on semi-rare occasion, with more problems occurring toward the end of some cd's.   It wasn't bad, but any is too much.  The optics was replaced in the Droplet (2 different ones were installed) but the player wouldn't read discs so the tech said he feels it's something on the board.  The Raysonic works fine except the same occasional skipping or glitching problems.  I'm about 4 hours south of Chicago.  And I had the SACD 2.0 and sold it so I could purchase a Droplet 5.0 .  It was pretty good on redbook cd but man, the SACD was excellent.  I've had several universal players since then and none could touch that player on SACD. 

pehare----any experience with the Cary CD500?  There's one for sale with a new laser installed and the reviews look pretty good.  And it's affordable. 

Thanks for your input guys.
One of my local friends has a CD500 and it sounds great in his rig (Cary 300sei and Coincident speakers) but I've never heard it in my system.  He's had the laser replaced once too.  That's probably the player I would go for if mine croaks.  I have the 303/300 now and always use it in solid state output mode (not thru the tube section) as I feel it sounds better that way in my setup.  Not too many choices out there - let us know what you wind up with and good luck.
I think you're greatly limiting your choices and asking for more future pain by requiring an integrated CD player.  Almost all the innovation on the digital front is taking place in DACs.  And look at the problem your facing now and will continue to face in the future -- when the laser or transport mechanism craps out you're dead in the water and have to scramble in the hopes of finding someone who MAY be able to fix it for who knows how much $$$.  What a wonderful situation.  And why???  With a fairly inexpensive transport, possibly a good reclocker, and a DAC (with volume control obviously) you just swap the inexpensive transport when the laser or mechanism fails and go on with life thankyouverymuch.  And you'll probably end up with better sound with a DAC given the plethora of great choices out there now rather than being relegated to choosing among the relative few good integrated players still available.  Just my $0.02 FWIW, and best of luck in your quest.  
soix----Your suggestion is a good one and I've considered it quite a bit.  I did recently try the EVS modified Gustard DAC X20, which the reviews touted as a giant killer.  I used an Upgrade Co modded Denon 3910 and an Oppo BDP 83SE as transports and found the sound nicely detailed with a decent soundstage but quite lacking in palpability.   I read some comments on the NAD M51 that reflected my experience in saying that the instruments were clearly portrayed but the ambience or acoustic environment was largely absent.  I don't know if this is the result of an inadequate transport or the nature of outboard DACs or simply the sound of these 2 DACs but I find this worrisome and I don't want to do much more experimentation.  My Consonance Droplet 5.0 and Raysonic 228 sound excellent.   I'd just like another option like this and, to be honest, I'm more comfortable with a simple single box option.  I don't stream audio and a lot of the options confuse me.  Yep, I'm getting older.   But, still being somewhat open to the possibility, what DACs would you recommend that fits the bill?  Thanks!
pehare----what is it about the solid state outputs that you prefer over the tubed ones? 
The solid state output sounds more dynamic w/my present amp and clearer.  I noticed it w/my present amp but not other tube amps I had where I would often run it in tube output for some recordings.  I owned the 306/200 prior to this and it had no tube output.  Prior to that a 303/100.  Great players but older than what I have now.  I think the CD500 would be a great choice and you can get the laser units from Cary or ebay if necessary.  Soix brings up a great point but I'm just too lazy and poor anymore to go that direction.
Thanks for the input pehare.  That's kinda how I feel about tube amps that can run either in triode or UL.  I've never prefered triode as it gives up too much detail and just sounds muddy or opaque.  Thanks again.