Need help with picking a system: Cary, Wadia, B&W

Hi, all,

I am thinking of putting together a "minimalist" system with Wadia (301 or 302) directly driving the Cary V12R with B&W N804S Speakers.

My living room is about 18' (L) X 11' (W) X 10' (H). The room is lively with hard surfaces. My music taste is mainly small scale classical, female vocal and opera. I rarely listen to loud music. I am looking for a system that will give "weight" and "characteristic" to the music. For example,a piano note vs a violin note should each have it's own characteristic decay. For your reference, my bedroom system with the sound I like consists of EAD T-1000/DSP-1000; Aragon 18K; NAD 216; Maggie SMGc.

I am looking for a richer, fuller version of that sound with tube gear and floor standing cone speakers for the lving room. Is it possible? What are my alternatives to the Wadia/Cary/B&W combo within the same price range (all used components)?

Thanks in advance for reading and your inputs. I learned a lot in this forum.

Cheers,

Ken
millicurie999

Showing 1 response by millicurie999

Thanks for all the responses so far. I guess I can always play without a preamp first and add one later. So...if B&W is not a good match, anything else I should put on my list? BTW, is B&W overrated due to good marketing (perhaps other than their most expensive line)?

Thanks again.