Need help with a Tube Preamp under $3000

Hello, I have a Bryston 3BST 2 channel amp, connected with Bryston XLR cables to a BP20 Bryston Pre amp. Today the majority of my music listening is with a Wadia itransport (coaxial) and a DAC majic by Cambridge Audio (XLR). Before buying my Maggies I had heard the Magnepan 1.6QR being played through on a Vintage CJ tube preamp & Sansui Solid state receiver. I absolutely loved the warmth of the music even with my ipod as the source hooked up through an RCA cable from the headset Jack. I would like a big sound stage for my Classical, Jazz, Movie Soundtracks and Opera listening pleasures. So what would be a good match for Bryston and a Tube Pre amp and my Magnepan speakers. My system is also connected to a Martin Logan Abyss Subwoofer for some added bass beyond the 1.6QR range of 40Hz.Nordost Speaker wires.

What would you folks recommend as NEW Tube Preamp around $3000 ???
birdiewins

Showing 1 response by 169glazier

I have a belles 21A with the Aroura Cap upgrade and I would put it up agianst any $3,000.00 new preamp.
they are about 1,200.00 used. My 2nd choice would be a Von Gaylord L1. It beat my Belles in transparancy and sounded more real.