NEED HELP WITH A QUESTION

My system is lovely and I am very happy with its sound.
Krell 402e, BAT Rex preamp, Esoteric K-01 CD/SACD player, Revel Salon2 speakers, Stealth Indra and Siltech cables.

Here is the question: I want to be able to play music from a iPhone or a laptop, etc., for when I am entertaining and want a playlist or just a long selection of music. I don't want to have to play CD after CD. This is merely for listening with people over for dinner, cocktails, etc.

The sound from the system fills the house no problem. I know that the Esoteric has the ability to use its DAC with an external digital source.

What is the best/easiest way to solve the problem?
I don't want to make the switch to a server as my sole source. I also do not ncessarily need to listen to hi-res files only. There will be a mix of music from my phone, my daughter's phones, other phones, etc., plus I may want to build a couple of playlists on an iPad that are a bit more specific (jazz only, pop only, vocals only, etc.). Those playlists could be hi-res or not. But as I said before this is for non-critical listening.

Which pieces do I add to the system, what cables do I need?
huntermusic

Showing 1 response by jpg1975

You can buy an Apple TV for $99 and connect it via optical to the esoteric. You can then stream music directly from any apple source directly to the Apple TV. Also if your laptop is windows you can get the MOG streaming music service which will allow you to stream from a non-apple device...windows laptop or android phone. This is likely the cheapest and easiest method, and since it is for non-critical listening the quality should be decent enough for background music while people are talking.