Need help with a hooking up a sub.

Hi All,

I've already done a search, but I can't find the answer to my problem. I want to integrate a 2 channel system to my HT setup. My rooms has 3 subs that have been optimized with a Behringer external crossover/equalizer. The DAC/preamp that I'm looking at getting has 2 balanced and 2 RCA outputs, both putting out signal simultaneously.
I plan to run the balanced channels out to a switcher. The question is how to hook up the 2-channel to the Behringer, which only has balanced inputs.
I've read opinions all the way around. One channel RCA to XLR connector? 2 channel RCA to one XLR? Both channels RCA to XLR and let the Behringer sum the channels up? I prefer not to do that, since then I'd have to switch inputs all the time on the Behringer.
First word problems, I know.

Thanks,
David
deshapiro
If the Theta Casablanca 4 has the option of theater passthrough will be nice, otherwise XLR switcher (and maybe with some Y cable) can get the job done.
Have you considered a Parasound P7 preamp? It would solve almost all of your problems and allow you to simplify everything.
Unfortunately, no pass through on the Theta. Everything in gets digitized. What really would have been nice is if Theta had a DAC that supports MQA and is Roon-ready. Apparently, not going to happen.
As to the Parasound, I really don’t want more boxes. That’s why I’m looking at streamers/DAC/preamp combos.