Need help for wife acceptance

Hi guys,

I am repositioning system with 2 ML33h power amps next to my Avalon speakers. My partner wants me to invisibly hide the amps, this will mean that speaker cables of some 10 meters will be required.

Will this affect the signal? Suggested types of cable (I am now playing with MIT MH 77 bi-wire)?

Thanks,
Piet
piet

Showing 1 response by angela100

Hey, Piet -

If your wife doesn't want you to spend too much money AND wants to hide the amps; then it seems to me that you have now been put into a win/lose position.

Now, when you say 2 ML33h power - are you saying the Mark Levinson Nº33 Reference Monaural Power Amplifiers?
If so, how could ANYONE want to HIDE those puppies! So sleek and powerful!

Cables are EXPENSIVE. Wouldn’t you also need IC's for the preamp?
Maybe you should go out and start looking at cables (what you need if the gear stays close - zero - and what you would need to hide it). Most folks, that are not intimately into this hobby, don’t realize how expensive cabling can be. After all, we're not going down to Good Guys and buying a roll of electrical cord -
(- now let's NOT turn this thread into ONE of THOSE please ;-} )
With the gear that you have, you can't settle for cheap cables to meet the "spend no money" requirement. You could kill the whole setup in one cheap spending spree.

I believe that by helping your wife understand that these things go hand in hand, it may help her to understand why you would either NOT hide them (and who would WANT to!) or that you're gonna be spending more $.

I think that most of these type situations can be resolved peacefully if the man takes a little more time to help his wife/girlfriend understand WHY and not just WHEN and WHAT.

Just my two cents -
Best of luck
AJ