Need help - Denon DP-100 turntable set up of the tonearm lifter

Hello,

Need help on setting up the tonearm lifter on the vintage Denon DP-100 turntable.  it is Denon's Dynamic Servo Tracer tonearm system.  When I press the tonearm lifter button to try to play a record, the tonearm goes down but stops at probably about 0.5 cm above the record.  It somehow needs an adjustment to the lifter but I cannot figure out how to make such adjustment.  Would like to see if any user can give me some direction on how to set up the lifter.

Thanks very much and appreciate your help.
springsnow
The only other person I know about who owns a DP100 is Thuchan, a sometime contributor to this Forum.  You might try to PM him.
Is this new to you, never lowered correctly, or existing, was fine, now problematic?
here's the pivot, lots of good photos

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254569748797?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=533...

I'm just guessing, be careful, I could be wrong, it would be the millionth time, just ask the wifey.

1. is your arm pivot as low as it can go?

note where it is before moving it!.

loosen the rod, move horizontally, arm raises and lowers, tighten the rod. high enough to get VTA (vertical tracking angle) right, low enough to get down to the record surface when lifter is lowered.

2, there is a separate small lever on the lifter. It has a purpose, what?
note it's position first!

perhaps try full movement either direction, see if/what changes. (see 3 below)

3. is it a a small set screw (inside edge) that locks the body of the lifter, therefore I PRESUME you can raise and lower the lifter separately from raising/lowering the arm.

You could put something below the lifter first, with just 1/8" gap (so the lifter doesn't fall all the way out), loosen the set screw, ease it down, tighten, see if it works. A small lowering makes a big difference at the end of the arm, it might not take much.

Or, that small lever may unscrew like the arm height lever, allowing lifter adjustment, then lock it.