Need help copying cds

Does anyone out there know how to eliminate the time gap when copying cds? Some classical, minimal music and especially live recordings don't have gaps between cuts on the originals, but when I make copies, I get a fraction of a second space between cuts. Thanks.
sgreenberg

Showing 2 responses by pe3046

John,

Do you use any of the advanced options in nero? Such as 48k, jitter correction, remove silence, or digital audio extraction? Do you enable auto-protect in norton or disable it when burning? Which asapi version are you using, is your scsi controller adaptec?

Patrick
John 1,

Try turning off norton anti-virus while you are burning (but be sure to turn it back on as soon as you are done..and only burn cd dont do anything else like check email or internet). I have had issues where it comes on to scan a cd in the middle of burning or scan the hd. You can also try downloading Nero's version of the asapi (if you are using xp then create a system restore point before you do this). I also had issues when I was using roxio and adaptec controllers, the roxio had a different version and made my scsi act funny. You should also try saving the tracks to your hard drive using the file encoding or save tracks as commands and then you can convert them to wav (I use the jitter correction, takes more time but seems to work a little better). I have had very good luck doing it this way. When you are using the cd to cd option it is reading and then copy bit by bit, you can get error's this way. If both your cd's are ide and not scsi then the error correction is not as robust. I have also had even better results with exact audio copy. This shareware program seems to work really well.