Need copper speaker cable recommendations $300 ish

Hi everyone.

I know I just asked about copper cables and what it takes to make a good one, but I would also like to know what copper speaker cables around $300 (6-7 ft) are out there worthy of recommending. My setup is on desktop with a coaxial speaker using seas L12RE/XFC driver and a digital integrated amp which is fully digital and do not require a DAC but sounds analogue, have many eq filters that stuns people for its natural sounds just out in S Korea. I have not received the amp yet, but the speaker manufacturer told me that I probably want to avoid silver/hybrid cables as it can make sound harsh on high notes, so high grade copper speaker cables they recommended. What are some good copper speaker cables available in the US? I know OCC coppers are good, Audio Envy SP 9 are great, some Neotech 3004 mk2 variants also good, but that is about it. Thanks a bunch in advance!

K
yggy1

Showing 1 response by knotscott

Over the years I’ve owned the basic Monster/Marshall Soundrunner type cables, Belden, Cardas, and Kimber. The Kimber Kable had sounded great on my system, but when I moved I needed much longer cables. I made my own from Monoprice OFC 12awg 4-conductor pvc wrapped twisted CL-2 cable and wrapped it in nylon techflex sheathing (also available in 2-conductor and various gauges, Mediabridge and others offer very similar bulk cable). These sound as good as any I’ve used, and are remarkably easy to do if you’re willing to terminate your own wire....should take about an hour or so.

A dealer that sells you $300 cables will pay roughly half of that, meaning the manufacturer needs to make them for somewhere near $75 to sell them for $150 to the dealer, which is a tad more than it cost me to make my own.....food for thought.