Need component recommendations for 1,000 system?

I want to put together a system for around $1,000. It will be in a 13x16x7.5 room. I listen to all types of music. I need it to be a DVD based system. Right now for the heart of the system I'm looking at a Sony DVD player that has SACD capability that I can pick up for $250. So I need recommendations for the amplification, speakers, interconnects and speaker wires. I know it's a tall order for $750 but I just wanted to know if quality audio can be had in this price range. Thanks for your help.
makersmark
The only comment I have about Nikki's response is to agree with the MMG's wanting current. I own the MMG's right now. I'm not thrilled with them however. I'm feeding them about 90 watts at 4 ohms and it just doesn't bring the speakers to life I don't think. Unless you can feed them tons of power, I would stay away from them personally. They also need to be pulled WAY out into the room to have a good soundstage and imaging. But if you want a transparent sound, by all means, jump on the maggies. You'll like them from that aspect.
B&W 303's ($300)are good but I would suggest at least comparing them to the B&W 601 series 3 ($450) and decide if the improvment is worth the money.
Greetings "Makersmark",

This is a challenge, but a fun one though! Let's see what we can come up with right here on AudiogoN (well, besides your CD/DVD/SACD player, almost everything).

Okay, so you already have your sights on an CD/DVD/SACD player. I will take a guess and say that it is the Sony DVP-NS755V | Black Single Disc Progressive Scan DVD/SACD | Save $50! Was $299.99, Now: $249.99 | Plus, get $50 toward Crutchfield gear! | Single-disc player • progressive-scan video output • 108MHz/12-bit video DAC • Precision Cinema Progressive de-interlacer with 3-2 pulldown processing • built-in Dolby Digital/DTS decoder • plays CD-Rs, CD-RWS, Super Audio CDs. From Crutchfield, right?

Now that that's out of the way, let's see what we can find for the rest of your system...

INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER - Cambridge A500
POWER AMP OPTION #1 - Audio Source AMP-2
POWER AMP OPTION #2 - Adcom 535 Mk II
PREAMPLIFIER OPTION - Audcom AP-110

LOUDSPEAKERS - JMlab Chorus 706
SPKR OPTION - Magnepan MMG
Make sure that the amplifier you choose is compatible with the MMGs.
SPKR OPTION - JMlab TANTAL-509
SPKR OPTION - Paradigm Monitor 9
POSSIBLE OPT - Tyler Acoustics TRM

SPEAKER CABLES - D.H. Labs Silver Sonic T-14
Even costs less non-terminated.

INTERCONNECTS - D.H. Labs Silver Sonic BL-1 Series II
POSSIBLE OPT - D.H. Labs Silver Sonic REVELATION

ACCESSORY OPTION - Audience Auric Illuminator

I hope you're having as much fun as I've had helping you put together a $1,000 system!

H a p p y s h o p p i n g !

Best regards,

-Donald

W ENTERPRISES NORTHWEST - Portland, OR USA
"High End Audio That Is Music To Your Ears"
| www.wenterprisesnw.com | [email protected] |
I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughtful recommendations. You've really given me a great deal to think about. I especially want to thank Donald at W Enterprises Northwest for all the work he put into his recommmendation. Anyone looking for a good dealer couldn't go wrong with Donald. I would also like to thank Celestial Audio for e-mailing me with a very generous offer. Another great dealer. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I decide.
Maybe a good thread to start would be for everybody to tell about their good experience with a dealer. After my experience here with two great guys I'm sure others have had similar experiences. Thanks again.
Go NAD amps and used infinity speakers , with samsung or sony any japan stuff , I lived with it for 6 yrs. but Im A musicion, (violin)