need comments on my system

-1 pair of Martin Logan CLS panels and Velodyne DD15 subwoofer - both connected directly from preamp
-Counterpoint SA5000 preamp
-Counterpoint SA220 power amp(220WPC)and NPS400 amp(which is quieter but less dynamic)
-Counterpoint DA10/DA11 DAC and transport
-Harmonic Tech, AudioQuest intercables
-AudioQuest spkr cables

What area can I improve? Any comments are welcome
skim1227

Showing 2 responses by skim1227

I had some thoughts of trying new amps like Jeff Rowland, Pass Labs, or even McIntosh rather than NP220 upgrade(although it has its own merits). The CLS is very sensitive in all sound reproduction - even changing one component in the system.

Anyone tried the above mentioned amps?

Thanks to all responses.
DD15 is quite good. I placed it on the left front corner next to the Left-CLS in 45 degree angle. This overall covers my listening area. I had the HGS-12" Velo before for its tighter bass. But, this DD15's bass performance is not any less-tighter than the 12. Actually it works better for my taste. It's deeper and bigger bass and still tight and fast. The built-in 1200watt amp can fill the room with no sweat.

Its effect is almost as good as having main tower speakers with dual 12" front-firing woofers per side.

I programmed the crossover EQ in a decreasing curve around 70 Hz. List at $3,000 - I may get another one to place them on both side, and I would need a bigger room about 20x30'.