Need CD Player up to $1,500

I just bought a Hegel H100 integrated amp for $1,400 and I really love it. My only regret is that I see a Hegel H200 for $1,900 and I would've gladly paid the extra $500 but I still got more than I expected and plenty of power. I have a MF A3 CD player and Monitor Audio Silver RX8 speakers.

I was deciding whether to repair it or just get a very good integrated and repair it later which I did. I read great reviews of the Hegel amps and the H100 seemed like a bargain. I'll write a review but I'm thrilled with it. It's so good that I think the MFA3 is constricting it.

So I've read many A'gon discussions and I'm thinking about the following CD Players or any other that may be recommended. What I want is something with a large open sound, is detailed, and musical- and slightly warm if possible.

So I'm considering: Cayin cd77a, Arcam FMJ cd23, Ayre c-7XE, Meridian 506, Simaudio Equinox, Audio Aero Prima, Jolida JD100, MF A5, 308, 1008 or something by Rega. I was also wondering id paying $2,000 for a Pathos Digit or Hegel CDP 2A would be worth the extra money. I have heard good things about all these cd player and specifically I want something that is OPEN sounding (best way I can describe it), not too laid back, and just makes beautiful music. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sloane27

Showing 1 response by audioman2015

You may have already considered this, but have you thought about ripping your cd collection and just use an external dac?  There are 2 major advantages of this: 1) Eliminates all mechanical jitter and noise, 2) All of your music can be readily available without having to change out discs.