Need Blues Rec--burn the house down guitar stuff

Help Please!

I've Seen several blues artists live that were just amazing...topping that list is Buddy Guy back in the 80's. But, like others, his CDs never seemed to translate that raw club energy/presence I witnessed live. Blues has always been something I enjoy in person...but never really energizes me when I listen at home. I suspect It's out there and I am missing some great artists/performances. I would like some recommendations for:

Some blistering guitar driven/energetic/possibly live stuff--I don't want the slow stuff (I have that). (I guess when I think about it...it's more rock than blues I'm looking for)
128x128ml8764ag

Showing 4 responses by ml8764ag

Wow, I've been sampling (and purchasing) some of these from AMZ... can't tell you how much I appreciate the recommendations. Made a Jazz inquiry not too long ago and yielded some great suggestions. Recommendation from Friends is always how I discover the best music.

Trying to avoid a dreaded dry run. Good news is every time I thought it was over...and heard all that could be heard...hooked up on a different even richer musical vein!
All I can say...is if you guys ever need some mind-bogglingly good alternative/alt folk recs...let me know, that's my main area of expertise...but I love it all! (except modern country)
You know what, Qdrone, you might be right!! Although I got a lot of other great suggestions (which I'm acting on)...that may indeed be the style I'm trying to articulate.

I actually wanted to say in my OP, as an example, SRV....but didn't want that to skew the thread and lead people to believe I think SRV's the first and last thing in Blues.

I do dig ZZ top stuff too...but need more like that... Just not them...someone else (i.e. who did they rip off?).

I do have to investigate Johnny Winter though...always been on my periphery but never listened to his stuff.
Checking back in...picked up some of the suggestions and "wish listed" some of the others. VERY good recommendations...I am particularly liking the Son Seals Live and Burning and Johnny Winter's Progressive Blues experiment.

The Lonnie Mack stuff is intriguing...Danny Gatton stuff seems to be a gold mine ... But ALL of it's appreciated!

Thanks Guys!