Need Audio Tech who knows tubes - Chicago area

Hello Friends - I own a Kondo Japan KSL Neiro 2A3 amp. An output tube recently went out and I will replace all four tubes. I've done some research and will probably purchase Emission Labs tubes. I have learned they need to be very finely matched to meet the needs of this particular amplifier. The tube matching is done by the EL by "gridding to the heater voltage" of the amp. Can anyone recommend a Chicago area audio technician/service proficient with SET tube amplifiers who can measure the heater voltage of my amplifier? I live in the Chicago northern suburbs. Thank you.
fineito

Showing 2 responses by zd542

"Can anyone recommend a Chicago area audio technician/service proficient with SET tube amplifiers who can measure the heater voltage of my amplifier?"

No. I can recommend someone else, though. Give Wellington Audio in FL a call. He should be able to get the tubes you want if he doesn't already have them in stock. As far as the install goes, he should be able to walk you through the procedure over the phone. I may be wrong, but I don't think its too difficult. The owner is very honest and reputable. He's someone you can trust.

If that doesn't work for some reason, call The Cable Company. They can probably help you as well. Another great place to do business.
I just read through my post again and I should have mentioned that Wellington Audio, in my first recommendation, is an Audio Note dealer. I don't think there are too many of them, that's why I bring it up.