Need advice: replace woofer of Harbeth

Just last weekend my amplifier blown (Exposure 2010s) with smoke and burned resistors on PCB(looks like a mini explosion inside). As a result, the woofer for one of my Harbeth compact 7ES3 is damaged. I have taken it out and confirmed dead. (open circuit and burned smell)

Called the canada distributor planet of Sound in Toronto, and the quote I got for a replacement woofer is $1050, with "free installation". I was shocked by that price considering I got it for 3k total. Wonder what's my option from here ? Where I may find a cheaper source of part? thanks for any advice.
k330

Showing 2 responses by k330

Thanks all for your advice. It looks like that the only way to get it fixed is to get the replacement from Harbeth. I'm discussing with Harbeth UK to see if it's possible to get from them directly.

Also there is a local speaker repair guy that can attempt to recoil the wire inside woofer. Does that worth a try ?
Agree that price is outrageous. I may try contacting other dealers in US but I think we are stuck with planet of sound in Canada or at least the east side.

Wonder if anyone has successfully ordered parts from Harbeth directly without the middle man ?

Off topic: I can't seem to see this topic on "Speaker" forum and can only find this thread in my page.