Need advice! Not sure the value of cable I have here!

I bought a home with a VERY High end Theater a while back. We decided to renovate and I found the XLR interconnect wires ran were 10 meter XLR cables. They looked and felt kind expensive so I hit the internet to find more info. After some additional investigating I believe I have Stealth Audio PGS-08, as the date lines up with the year of the Speakers (2004 Tannoy Ellipse). I am not sure what to do with these. I want to sell but not sure of the value on the re-seller market. How much gold is in these per 10m length? What can I expect to get for a pair? Condition isnt perfect. They were ran across a basement so there is some discoloration, but they do work well.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated. I plan to sell but do not want to insult anyone with a high price.

Many Thanks!

Greg
grego818

Showing 4 responses by grego818

Well, google led me here where there is a marketplace for high end cabling and components. I spent a lot of time trying to get an educated price before posting them for sale with no luck (or help) so far.
Yeah I saw that too thanks. So based on that, what do you think a 10m pair is worth? 3k? 4k?
Thanks guys. Thats good advice on the auction to see where the market is. I would hope they would fetch at least what a 2m would.

I have to think There's someone looking to relocate a preamp to another room or closet and keep their expensive speaker cables next to their amp. Not many I assume. 

I was also wondering about the value of the materials of the gold in the cables too, given the length, and wondering if It would make fiscal sense to scrap them instead for the precious metal. I really dont know how much is used for signal vs other materials in there though.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Thanks Elizabeth, for the comprehensive response. The The cables are marked with the MFG  rubber tag, although no model on them (braided jacket). The guy that bought them spared no expense when building this theater, so I am very confident they are authentic. The speakers alone were around $60k, Crestron control, 100" Plasma, etc...

Based on the speculative $50 per meter of gold you mentioned, that would at least make them worth 1k per pair in raw gold so that's good news. 

I am going to let them sit on ebay and see what happens. Might list here too.