Need advice for a replacement phono cartridge

So, the cleaners destroyed my phono cartridge yesterday while dusting even though I'd cautioned them against dusting my stereo. Absolutely sick about it. Anyway, I need to get a replacement cartridge so I need advice on one that is of equal quality or better. The destroyed cartridge is a Transformation Axia which is no longer made. Thanks in advance!

My system:

VPI Prime turntable, Sutherland Little Loco phono amp, Luxman L509X amp, Revel F208 speakers, two Sumiko S10 subs

michobr59

@michobr59 

I took my Koetsu Rosewood Sig Platinum over to a friend’s VPI HR-X with 3D Reference arm and it sounded wonderful - exactly like it should. I was wary about the effective mass too, but it didn’t matter. Note though, he had the dual pivot so that might be a good idea to get. Koetsus seem to like the stability.

If it fits your budget, Koetsu is a wonderful choice! 

Should I be concerned with the low mass tonearm pairing well with the low cartridge compliance (light tonearm with stiff cantilever)? 
A cartridge and tonearm work together. A stiff tonearm requires a high compliance cartridge. 
It’s not the mass of the tonearm alone that determines the type of cartridge.

Probably tired of hearing it by now but SoundSmith has a ton of information on their website linked to YouTube. Peter Lederman will tell you what to do!

Bent

I have the Ortofon Cadenza Black on my VPI HW-40. Simply incredible paired together in my opinion.

Post removed