Need advice about upgrading speakers ( it might be the last one i own).

Need some friendly advice or recommendations about a major upgrade in speakers. I am looking to buy used to stretch my dollar

I currently own a pair of Golden Ear Technology model 7's speaker. They are 3 years old and retail for $1395.. They can sound very  good in my set-up and are accurate, but also are a bit edgy on top, and also  don't convey the feeling or emotion of real music. Without getting into the definition of "real music",or the ambiguous  terms euphonic vs real, or warm versus  analytical,  just  say I would like to acquire a better sounding speaker. I play a fair amount of classic rock, and rock/jazz fusion and classical symphonic is getting a lot of play time recently.

So far, I have considered:

Revel Concerta F-206 ( retail $3500) 

Choral 826W ( $3500);

PBS Imagine T-2 ( $3500 )

Tannoy XT-8F  ( $2600 retail).

Vienna Acoustics Baby Beethoven ( $4500 retail ?) 

Audio Physic Tempo 25 ( $6995?) ( not the later 'plus" version) 

Audio Physic Scorpio  retail $6500 )  

Audio Physic Sitara 25  ($4995 retail);  

ProAC D-25 (retail ??)

Audio Physic Virgo II  ( $5495 retail )    

I have heard the Tannoy and Revel and AP Virgo II.  The Revel and Tannoy sounded very good , but the Revel has the  lead.   I have heard other Vienna Acoustic speakers and was not overly impressed  The AP Tempo Plus is also in serious consideration.  For the record, I am looking a smoother, and more musical speaker than the GET 7's

Magneplanars are too problematic in placemen;, therefore, I have almost eliminated them from consideration. 

Thank you,  S.J.

sunnyjim
Trust yourself. The Revel F206 is an awesome speaker. Great looking, extremely well built and superb sonics. Economies of scale put this speaker's performance far beyond its price. 
Hi sj, two years ago I believe I solved my own quest for possibly my "last" speakers.

I've been in this hobby for decades and have owned more speaker models over that time than I ever counted.  That was until I discovered the Duntech Princess which I had for 19 years!  But they were large (6' tall and 180 lbs each) which meant difficult for a pending move.  Besides I developed an itch for HE speakers so ventured off into that camp, along with SET amplification.  But even with that magical mid-range I was not satisfied with the lack of bass extension and even upper bass body to much music as I was accustomed to with the Duntechs.

So after more searching I (re)discovered Janszen speakers and after a home audition bought a pair of their floor standers.  They also offered a stand mounted model for less money (which is also very good) but "in for a penny, in for a pound".  Since I bought mine they introduced a powered version with internal bi-amping.  Bottom line is I love mine, and they elicit positive comments from anyone who visits, be they audio hobbyists or simply music lovers.

http://www.janszenaudio.com

Good luck.

To  Pryso,  I have considered Janszen, but felt both models were too expensive. I will check again on AG. Supposedly, their ribbon tweeter has all the benefits of  electrostatics.

To escrtitorjuan:  Thanks for the recommendation, but they are too big and probably too expensive. Also, they would start a domestic nuclear event with the wife.  

To 4425, Thanks for endorsement of the Revel F-206. They are leading the pack as of now

nonoise:  You are astounding because you always come up with something off the wall......which is good. I never heard of the Prana brand.  But I will definitely check them out their website site, and locate the "Acoustic Image" shop. Hopefully it is not all the way to Ventura....that is a 40 mile trip from the L.A. metro area. 

To all others, thank you for the suggestions   S.J.

I've come to the conclusion that asking others for speaker advice is somewhat like asking others to recommend a wife. 

There's a mind boggling number of brands out there and all have their fan boys.

But what the hell, I'll throw my recommendation in the pot and suggest you listen to some stand-mount British monitors like the Stirling Broadcast LS3/6. I've heard these and the Revel F206 and the Stirlings had superior tone, midrange and imaging.