Need a 100 WPC Integrated Tube amp, reco's please?

My speakers and room space require more more, currently working on 35wpc integrated tube amp, sounds nice but not enough to drive my VR speakers.

Any recommendation for a good quality integrated tube amp that puts out atleast or near 100 wpc? Was recommended by the VR company that 35wpc will not be enough. Currently looking at the Jolida 1000RC but she's a huge beauty beast. Any other recommendation? New/Used my budget is $1,500 to $2k.

Thanks!
chgolatin2

Showing 1 response by jax2

Why are you looking exclusively at tube options? What kind of music do you like to listen to?

If you really need 100wpc I'd highly recommend a Portal Panache if you don't mind not having a remote. It's not tubes, but it is a damn fine integrated and right in your budget, and is quite versatile to boot. I have not heard the Jolida you are considering, but have enjoyed two other products of their (302B and 502B). I was not as crazy about the 1500, which was easily bested by the Panache in my system. Another excellent route would be to find a used Unison Unico amp, which come up occasionally used in your price range. They are hybrid integrated with a tube in the pre stage. I've heard the standard Unico and it is an excellent amp. I believe it's around 80wpc.

Good luck.

Marco