Nautilus 800 Vs Wilson Audio VI Vs LM Labs Utopia

I currently own B & W Nautilus 803's and wanting a change to get very high end speakers and I am willing to spend $10K for used/demo. I am considering the Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy 6.0, JM Labs Utopias and B&W nautilus 800s. What do you guys think of these three? I like Rock , Jazz and some light classical music. I havd not decided on the amplifier yet but input on "speaker + amplifier" combination for each of the speakers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
celestial_audio

Showing 1 response by gregm

I have listened to all three & my experience with Wilsons tallies exactly with Jameswei post above. For your stated tastes, the Utopias properly driven & set-up could do the trick; I find them more "precise" than the others, even though the sound projected by the 800 sig. seemed to me to be "bigger" than the other two (maybe more "dramatic"?). And, you already have B&Ws.

So, IF I had B&W's (as you do) I would audition a properly set-up pair of 800sigs. for reference first, AND the others. I would also consider an Innersound, a maggie and a Soundlab.

At $10k you're entitled to absolutely excellent sound; just make sure you have the place to accomodate these speakers & the upstream chain to match!