NATURAL CHERRY VENEER

I left my new Nautilus 805's sitting in the bottom piece of the foam packing they were shipped in, and placed them on top of their boxes (free stands) while I went out of town for a week. When I came back, I took the speakers out of the foam bottoms and noticed a "tan line" where the speakers had been sitting down in the foam packing pieces. Here's the question, Does anyone know for sure, whether natural cherry continues to darken with time, forever, or if it reaches a certain point and then stops darkening alltogether, or slows dramatically??? My curtains were drawn, and very little light was able to enter the room. I believe that they will even out with time, but the Obsessive-Compulsive in me has decided to cover up the "tan" part and let the non tanned part acquire some sun. So.... Bring on the info!!!! Thanks.
gthirteen

Showing 1 response by tony007

I have red cherry N801's and they also darkened over time. To help you even out the color, I use Pledge polish which comes in a yellow trigger spray bottle. The product is a wax free pump spray(non-aerosol) and contains silicone polishing agents instead of wax so it can be used regularly. The shine on the finish will deepen each time you use it. Apply with a very soft cloth turning the cloth frequently. Do not touch the polish or the rag accidentally to the drivers. The red finish on my 801's looks outstanding. Visitors compliment on their beautiful appearance regularly.