Name a few albums which helped determine your musical tastes

How about a short list of albums that shaped your listening from early on in your life?

Not just albums that became favorites (though they could be now). Let's call them historical turning points for you that shaped you as a listener, now.

Me:
  • Quadrophenia or Who's Next
  • Sgt Peppers Beatles
  • Floyd, Wish you were here
  • Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick
  • Metheny, Offramp
  • Glenn Gould, Goldberg variations
  • Joni Mitchell, Court and Spark
GO!
128x128hilde45

Showing 2 responses by 1111art

Grand Funk 'Closer to home'Supertramp 'Crime of the Century'Beatles 'Sgt Pepper'Van Morrison 'Veedon Fleece'Joni Mitchell 'Blue'Beach Boys 'Pet sounds'Klaatu 'EST'Aretha Franklin's greatest hitsSinatra 'September of my years'Cloud Cult 'The meaning of 8'The Shins 'Whincing the night away'Hendrix 'Rainbow Bridge soundtrack & first album'Tull 'Aqualung'Wishbone Ash ‘Argus’Stones 'Flowers'

Thanks Mapman, you're damn right about “Machine Head” by Deep Purple followed by “Demons and Wizards” by Uriah Heep. How could we forget?And one more, Black Sabbath's first. My Catholic neighbor bought it and was so afraid his parents would find out we waited a week before we could listen to his on his dad's high end system. Blew our minds...He's since become a musician, and has worked with Jon Anderson (YES).