Nakamichi RX-505 and some nice tapes for it

According to the prices for Nakamichi decks and cassette tapes I feel like it's not the best time to buy any of them, I feel like I missed the train, but I wish to have this model in my collection. And I want it so bad ... 

I remember my Maxell, Fuji, Sony, TDK cassettes used in the 90's, but once you gave them to you girlfriend they are gone. 

My Pioneer cassette deck was removed from my rack probably in 2006 and never used since that day. I recorded mixtapes from vinyl since mid 90's. Earlier in high-school I recorded something from CDs when it was an exotic format here, also made cassette to cassette copies. 

I never thought I will even think about this format again, but I think it would be nice to have Nakamichi RX-505 (I really like this particular model only, except for Dragon which is great, but too expensive today). 

I know it's the same transport in RX-505, don't know what's the difference between Nak 505 and 505E ? 

Purchased some sealed NOS Maxell XLII 90 and 100 min for about $5 each last week, it was an impulse, haha  

Some metal position tapes are very expensive on ebay (sometimes $50-100 each). 

Those open reel TEAK tapes goes for crazy prices just because it looks cool ? 

If someone could help me with decent cassette tapes please drop below model numbers and brands. 

P.S. No, I don't use digital, strictly vinyl, but I want cassette tapes and Nakamichi RX-505 for fun. 

128x128chakster

Showing 2 responses by petg60

chakster, in your location i would check for one of the top Sony's also. 777es, 7es, 990es (555es), all fine quiet mechanisms, full calibration, auto functions, durable heads but no reverse and no red displays.
Metal Master was the best metal tape manufactured but rather expensive and heavy and came in metal box.
I regret selling my 990es back in the late 90's.
E stands for European market, not sure if it has the voltage selector switch.