Nakamichi OMS7 vs Rotel RCD1072 ?

The Nak I have, the Rotel I'm thinking about...what do you think ? I also have an Adcom GCD575, which to my ears the OMS7 beats...I do like the variable output of the 575 though...
mikey44

Showing 1 response by pdn

Not familiar with that NAK model you mentioned but did a quick internet search and this unit has not been produced for a long time. I did own a NAK CD4 a few years ago purchased used and I did love it. Sound was excellent but Nakamichi is out of the CD player business for some time now. Great name and products when they were a legit high end audio component manufacturer.

I've owned my Rotel RCD-1072 now for about 4 years and as many times as I think about trading up, I simply can not justify it. It sounds so darn good. Many folks on this forum and in other audio chat rooms have stated that in order to realize true improvement from a 1072, you would need to spend at least $1K. It's such a great machine. You can not go wrong with this unit and they hold their resale value relatively well. Are you looking at a preowned unit?