Nakamich RX-505 Question

I have a beautiful RX-505 that plays back perfectly. However, it won't flip the tape around. The drawer opens, the tape flips half way, and then stops and returns back to where it started. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks in advance.

Mark
mepearson

Showing 3 responses by tonykay

Sorry, Raul, but I haven't revisited this thread in a long time. You can contact Willy at [email protected]. Good luck. He's reasonable.
Mark,

Soundhouse is right about your RX-505 being on it's last legs. However, you can have it gone through by a reliable
Nak expert. His name is Willy Hermann. You can contact him at [email protected]. Believe me, he will have
it working and sounding better than new. By coincidence,
I'm listening to my RX-505 through my tube Stax headphones
and I can assure you that the RX-505 is worth the expense.
Willy rebuilt my CR-7A and this RX-505, and he now has my ZX-9 in for a tune-up. He'll do it right. Tell him I sent you! You won't regret it.

Tony
Harold,

The flipper mechanism on my RX-505 got jammed recently as I left it on continuous loop and closed the cabinet door so it was unable to flip the cassette. I took it to Willy and he played with it for a minute and got it working, much to my relief. He claimed it was a simple fix. I told him he was a genius.