Naim or Jeff Rowland?

Hi, I'm looking to go down the full streaming path, ideally I don't want to spend more than £3,500, I've heard the Naim Super Uniti, which was pretty good. I've been offered a Jeff Rowland Concerto Integrated amp for £1,600 so one option would be to combine that with a Naim ND5 XS

Or

ND5 XS / Nait XS

Or stick with the Naim Super uniti

I'm not massively familiar with Jeff rowland, but it seems to review well. I am running a pair of B&W 805's. Any thoughts on the above welcome. Thanks
miami4242

Showing 2 responses by miami4242

I agree keeping the DAC separate is a good idea, however this system will be used for entertaining as well as listening so having a DAC attached to a streaming server, with a sensible ipad interface seems to make sense for using iPods Etc

I almost bought the superuniti, it sounded good against the linn magik but then this JR came up and against the naim amps I'm sure it's in a different league. The problem with the one box is the upgrade path hence the ND5XS which might solve this problem.

I'll look at the Nad thanks
Thanks for the responses, it is the integrated I've been offered. It's an older amp for sure compared to the new Naim's but higher quality.

The naim streamers/processors seem to do a good job with digital material and the iPad app is a good way of searching through all my music.

Is there anything else worth looking at to combine with the Rowland?

Thanks