Naim CDX or BAT VK 5CD?

I'm shopping for a CD Player and wonder whether any of you have had the honor of auditioning both the Naim and the BAT. If so, where would your preference lie? Also, does anyone know what the SE upgrade costs on the BAT, and whether it would be worth it? Thanks for the expert advice!! John. I'm using Bryston ST amplification and B&W Nautalis 805s (for now :-))
128x128outlier

Showing 2 responses by hifinut604

The SE upgrade on the BAT may be a subtle on, but the upgrade available with the Naim CDX is not. Of course, it's not 1200 bucks either. An XPS power supply upgrade ($4k retail) will take the CDX to a whole new level. After that, you keep the XPS, sell the CDX (and possibly an organ or two) and upgrade to a top of the line CDS2. Very little, save a Linn Sondek CD12 or Wadia 270/27ix could touch that.
I'm just starting to get on the Naim bandwagon, and awaiting my newly purchased CD2 next week. The rest of my system isn't Naim yet, but from the music I've heard from a my local dealer's all Naim system (CDX/102/Hi/180/SBL), the CD2 might be the beginning of a very long and expensive relationship with Naim! :)