NAD T775 vs Rotel RSX-1560

I'm considering the purchase of a NAD T775 receiver. I have listened to many receivers and have narrowed my choices down to the NAD T775 and the Rotel SX-1560. I listen to more music than movies, but it's close 60/40 split. My music taste is everything from Bach to Rock, but mostly classic rock, and blues. I listen to a lot of SACD material. I have listened to both receivers, and I am leaning towards the NAD because it just sounds so 3 dimensional with music. Any advice will be appreciated. I will be connecting it to the following equipment (don't laugh at my speakers too much - I just love the sound of the Def Tech's):

- Definitive Technology BP7004 main speakers (each has internal powered sub)
- Definitive Technology C/L/R 2300 (center with internal powered sub)
- Definitive Technology BP2X rears
- Paradigm powered sub
- Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai DVD, SACD, DVD Audio Player
- Panasonic DMP-BD55 Blue Ray
- Furman Elite-15i Linear Filtering AC Power Conditioner
hshade

Showing 2 responses by pdn

Just my opinion but having owned and currently own both NAD and Rotel equipment, they are so very close in quality, sound, and performance, it's difficult to make an accurate judgement as to which brand to go with. My guess is that most folks go with one or the other from sheer brand loyalty and what they can afford at the time of their purchase. NAD AVRs seem to me to be a bit overpriced. I'm a convert from NAD to Rotel and let me tell you. Rotel rocks !! It handles jazz, classical, rock 'n roll, class rock, blues, etc just fine. I have two powered sub woofers that help it along and I'm so glad I made that move recently. It truly helps to properly load and balance LFEs in the listening room. I've got Van Morrison's Healing Game on right now and it's like he's here in the room with his band !! Can't go wrong with Rotel which may just be a bit more affordable in this case. Not sure about list pricing. Are their prices comparable?
Thanks for the great feedback. Wow, nice purchase. Can I ask what you paid for the T775? Powerful unit.