NAD Integrated Comparison

Can anyone offer some experience of differences in sound quality between NAD's C series integrateds?

The C-320bee to C-352 to C-372?
Obviously the amplifier section is different but what about the preamplifier section? I owned a 320bee at one time and found it very musical but lacking in transparency. Are the C-352, C-372 much different/better in that regard or another?

Are the newer C-325/6bee, C-355bee C-375bee much better than the older models?

Right now I'm wanting to drive some Dynaudio Contour 1.3MkIIs but may change things up in the future. Anything else that you'd recommend in the $4-700 price range for them? Heard Naim Nait and Plinius come up a lot in the threads here but they are a little pricier than I'd prefer to go. I could be swayed however. ;) Anything you know of with tone controls(I can hear the snickering already)? How do you think a Bryston B60 would match up?

Thanks.
128x128eyediver

Showing 2 responses by helena3825

I realize that this post is a couple of months old but this info. may benefit somone else with the same question.

This past summer I went on a hunt to find an integrated amp to power my Dynaudio Contour 1.3s (I have since upgraded to the 1.3 SE model). I owned and compared an NAD C320BEE to a YBA YA201, a Bryston 2B with a PS Audio preamp, a Consonance a100 Linear and finally a Krell KAV 300iL. The NAD was a fine sounding unit but seemed to lack transparency and dynamics when compared to the Bryston, YBA and the Krell. I believe that in an effort to make the NAD seemingly punch above its weight that the midbass is humped up a bit. I ended up keeping the Krell 300iL. The Krell offers incredible dynamics and is noticebly more refined from top to bottom.

Dynaudios can sound good with many amps but they definitely like power to sing to their full potential. If a Krell or similar amp is outside of your budget I would look for a Bryston B60, YBA YA201, Naim NAIT 5i, or a Simaudio offering. Stretch the budget a bit and get the more transparent refined sounding amp.
There is a great review of the NAD C372 by TNT. The reviewer liked it so much he bought it! The Dyn 1.3s will definitely perform better with the added power of the C372.