NAD C372 Integrated or Bel Canto s300i Integrated

I am interested in the following two integrated amplifiers:

NAD C372 Integrated Amplifier
Bel Canto e.One S300i integrated amplifier

Any thoughts on these two units? Budget is $1000 to $2000. Here is some info about what I am interested in-

1 Enough power for a medium size room- with no amp strain
2 LOW NOISE unit
3 Good tonal balance and a can produce low, mid and high frequencies without bloom, harshness and with smooth midrange.
4 Neutral in presentation of the music (not warm or otherwise adding it’s own sonic signature)
5 Wide soundstage
6 Dynamics, microdynamics and quick transient response
7 Great detail
8 Musical

I will be using a Benchmark DAC with an optical switch between a Rega Apollo as a transport or
Itunes library played through a Slimdevices Squeezebox. Speakers will be 4ohm floorstanders or 6ohm bookshelf of average sensitivity.

I can also use my Benchmark as a preamp, if anyone has any OTHER suggestions for an integrated OR stand alone power amplifier.
128x1282psyop

Showing 2 responses by hieule5

I never auditioned a Bel Canto so I cannot comment on that. I currently own a NAD C372 in my primary set up, driving a pair of Dynaudio monitors.

One thing I like the C372 is that it is not excessive warm in the midrange like its less expensive brother C325BEE so I can say the C372 is pretty neutral. No complaint on my NAD C372 so far and it's grown on me.

Using the DAC as a volume control/passive preamp is not a bad idea while you already have a good transport like the Rega Apollo.

If you go with power amps, I suggest you go with Sim, Classe, or NAD classic lines (C375 BEE will be shipped soon) Right now, you can get a new C372 for around $800 brand new. A used NAD M-3 integrated is also worthy of a test drive.

I have heard that MF could be a bit edgy for some speakers so make sure you listen to the amp before you buy MF power amps. From my experience of owning both Canadian and British amps, I think most Canadian amps are a better buy than most British amps.
Sorry, I meant NAD will soon ship the NAD C275 as a power amp. C375BEE is an integrated.