NAD C325 or 326Bee efficient enough for PSB towers

Hello all.
I am totally newbie in hi-fi audio gear but would like to start a journey.

Since there are too many good/better choice out there, I just narrowed my focus onto budget-minded used gear for NAD and PSB combination.

My room is moderate size(20 by 16) and mainly be used as music system(love all kind of genre but not a fan of hip hop/rap).
I am considering PSB image T65 or its newer version T5 or T6 tower speakers(found $500~600 range, but I'm not sure which one is better for me though).

The question is :
Are PSB image T6/T5 better than old T65?
Does NAD C325Bee or C326Bee be efficient enough to drive those speakers?

I appreciate all your critics and recommendations for my setup plan.

Thanks.

Bryan
czar2000
Bryan,

That's my point...:-)) Stay with PSB & NAD and your pocket book will thank you.

I think that price is for 1 speaker so the price for a pair of T65 is $770.

If they still have the T65 get them rather than the T6, I do think that the T65s are great speakers for the money. I currently own Dynaudio & used to own Totem so I think I know how good these PSB T65 are.

Did you check with David at DMC Electronics? He is an authorized dealer of both PSB & NAD. His price is usually lower than many other places.
Bryan,

IMO, nobody can beat PSB in terms of price. Soundwise, PSB could get to 8.75 out of 10 and I would give Dynaudio 10 but then again the price difference is insane. I have much respect for the designers of Dynaudio & PSB.

If you have a bit more $$$ & time, audition a pair of Dynaudio, from the cheapest line DM that I currently own to the most expensive line Confidence and you will understand why I love the Dyns. They perform consistently regardless of price point.

PSB is very much similar to Dynaudio in that field.

I like a few Totem models like the Arro & the Rainmaker but that is it.

The rest, Magico, Sonus Faber, Focal, & whatever the name of the biggest British speaker company, I don't care about:-))
Whooops! Yes you are right.
It would be 1 speaker price.

I just emailed to DMC and am waiting for the answer.

Thanks for your great recommendation Hieule5.
I will keep posting....
i am interested in buying a pair of t65, particularly if they can be had for 770$ - can't find them on AA - can you still find them?

Saturday Audio Exchange (chicago) has B stock image T6 for 959$ - not sure if they are worth it if you have to have them shipped...

I have heard some people state that the T6's have better mids compared to the t65's, o/w have not read much. have not heard either
The c326bee could power the PSB towers but I would go for a little more and get a c355/c356. I know there were some c355's available at a discount now that the c356 is out.

I have also dealt with David at DMC and strongly suggest contacting him if you are in the market for NAD and/or PSB.
If your budget allows for it, I would suggest going with the c356bee and the larger towers (T55/65). This way you will not have buyers remorse.