NAD C325 or 326Bee efficient enough for PSB towers

Hello all.
I am totally newbie in hi-fi audio gear but would like to start a journey.

Since there are too many good/better choice out there, I just narrowed my focus onto budget-minded used gear for NAD and PSB combination.

My room is moderate size(20 by 16) and mainly be used as music system(love all kind of genre but not a fan of hip hop/rap).
I am considering PSB image T65 or its newer version T5 or T6 tower speakers(found $500~600 range, but I'm not sure which one is better for me though).

The question is :
Are PSB image T6/T5 better than old T65?
Does NAD C325Bee or C326Bee be efficient enough to drive those speakers?

I appreciate all your critics and recommendations for my setup plan.

Thanks.

Bryan
czar2000
Bryan,

NAD & PSB are great choices. I like David the owner at DMC Electronics. He is a great guy and his prices are better than many other places.

In my experience, Dynaudio & PSB are probably the only two companies that consistently produce great speakers. If you have a decent budget, Dynaudio is a great choice. If not, PSB offers you the most bang for your buck.

I do own a NAD 326BEE and I like it a lot. And the C326BEE has 2 sub outputs which I like better than I like the C325BEE.

I use the NAD 326BEE to drive my Dynaudio DM 2/10 without any difficulties. The Dyns are 4 ohm loads and are not efficient speakers at all. I have also used the 326BEE for my JBL S38 without any issues at all.

The C326BEE is a bit more refined than the C325BEE but that is only my own opinion. People may disagree.

Both NAD 325BEE & 326BEE should be able to handle your PSB T65 or T6 with ease provided you do not ask for great bass definition at low volume level.

I have auditioned a pair of PBS T65 driven by a NAD C315BEE at David's shop and they sound great together.
Bryan,

The PSB T65 is sold for $800 per pair. The Totem Forest another good speaker is sold for $3,500-$3,700 depends on finish.

Dynaudio Focus 220, IF you have a deep pocket book and IF you can get a used/demo pair used for $2,300, get a pair. They are only a hair below the Dynaudio Confidence which is the line of speaker that I love to own.

Dynaudio & Totem are well known for mimicking acoustic or string instrument but they are much more expensive than PSB.

Just stick with PSB, your pocket book will thank you.

I am speaking from ownership experience.
Hielue5/
Thanks for your info and I 120% agree that I would love The Dynaudio and/or Totems. But....way over my budget.

And one more thing to mention.
Audioadvisor.com sells PSBs at pretty much lower than others. Image T65 for $385 and Imgae T6 for $599. Something wrong with them?
DO I have to stay away?
Bryan,

That's my point...:-)) Stay with PSB & NAD and your pocket book will thank you.

I think that price is for 1 speaker so the price for a pair of T65 is $770.

If they still have the T65 get them rather than the T6, I do think that the T65s are great speakers for the money. I currently own Dynaudio & used to own Totem so I think I know how good these PSB T65 are.

Did you check with David at DMC Electronics? He is an authorized dealer of both PSB & NAD. His price is usually lower than many other places.
Bryan,

IMO, nobody can beat PSB in terms of price. Soundwise, PSB could get to 8.75 out of 10 and I would give Dynaudio 10 but then again the price difference is insane. I have much respect for the designers of Dynaudio & PSB.

If you have a bit more $$$ & time, audition a pair of Dynaudio, from the cheapest line DM that I currently own to the most expensive line Confidence and you will understand why I love the Dyns. They perform consistently regardless of price point.

PSB is very much similar to Dynaudio in that field.

I like a few Totem models like the Arro & the Rainmaker but that is it.

The rest, Magico, Sonus Faber, Focal, & whatever the name of the biggest British speaker company, I don't care about:-))