NAD 314 vs. C320BEE

I have a NAD 314,I love it so much, and I am just wondering if I should replace it with the C320BEE? I have not experienced the C320BEE before, so what is the diferrence in sound quality between these two? Anyone have any ideas ir suggestions, I would appreciate so much !
quangle2003

Showing 2 responses by rar1

I used the NAD C320BEE in a secondary system for two years and was very satisfied with it. The NAD saw almost daily use for that time. I wrote a review of the NAD here in Audiogon . I felt that the best part of the NAD's sound was that it was very musical and warm sounding ... a nice amp.

To Tobias' remarks ... as good as the NAD was, I still knew that the Musical Fidelity A3 integrated amp that I was using at the time in my main system was better ... more refined sounding and also cleaner and clearer sounding at all frequencies. Since I was using the same speakers in both systems, I was pretty confident in saying that the MF was at least a step or two better than the NAD. Now price wise, there was no comparison ... $400 list for a NAD C320BEE versus $1600 list for the MF A3. I paid $875 new for the MF (it was being discontinued) ... so for double the price, I got three times the amp ... a good deal.

The NAD C320BEE is a bargain though and you will be looking at amps that list at the grand level to better its performance. Once you get past the grand level, tube integrated amps come into play as well. So to Tobias' list, I would add the following integrated amps ... Musical Fidelity A3.2 (discontinued and you may be able to get a good deal); Prima Luna Prologue One tube integrated; Music Hall Mambo (Audio Advisor has this $1500 integrated for $790 new); and Creek A50 or 5350.

Regards, Rich
I just went about this in another thread here . If you can pick up a Music Hall MMF CD 25 cd player, you will be very pleased. You can find the Music Hall 25 for about $500 new, but obviously less used.

Regards, Rich