NAD 3020A Integrated Amp

So I have a series of questions re: a NAD 3020A I just bought on Ebay. I'm just getting started on trying to build a good system so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

1. NAD 3020A Amp hooked to JBL 4312A Control Monitors and new REGA RP-1 Turntable. NAD is replacing a early 90's Sansui RZ-1000. I would have thought there would have been an appreciable difference in sound quality but I'm not sure that there is. Can't tell if it better, worse or just different.

2. NAD delivers a electrical snap sound to the speaker which Sansui did not. Is this cause for concern? Should I have this unit tested / looked over?

3. As this is an older amp it has limited inputs. Is it ok to run IPOD or DVD into the AUX input? Also no CD input, any ideas?
Nate
iamnate

Showing 1 response by ptmconsulting

I owned a 3155 that I bought a lifetime ago when new. About 3-4 years ago I went in an inventoried all the caps, then placed an order with Digikey for Panasonic FC's and replaced them all. It was fairly simple to do and the results were that I have essentially a brand new piece of equipment for about $150.

It also made a nice improvement in the sound.