NAD 3020 What to do with it ???

Hi Folks, I have just joined and this is my first time here. I have an NAD 3020 I bought in 1980 (I think) and has been in constant use since then. No longer need it as I have gone a bit nuts buying new equiptment this past year. It has some dirt in the volume pod (crackles a bit) and some other switching but works good still as far as I can tell. What should I do with it?? It must need new caps or some type of refurbishing at 30 years + and I only paid $200.00 for it. Is it worth it to spend any money on it or should I just pitch it, seem a shame as it still works fine. Thank you any and all that respond to this. It is appreciated!! Cheers, DMacG in Canada
dmacg

Showing 1 response by swampwalker

Agree w Philojet. If you get going seriously on this madness, there will be times when you have a unit out being repaired/modified or have sold something and awaiting a replacement. A good little integrated like the NAD will keep the tunes flowing. And if you ever decide you want to try some DIY upgrading, you can start by fine-tuning your soldering skills while replacing the caps on the NAD.