NAD 3020 What to do with it ???

Hi Folks, I have just joined and this is my first time here. I have an NAD 3020 I bought in 1980 (I think) and has been in constant use since then. No longer need it as I have gone a bit nuts buying new equiptment this past year. It has some dirt in the volume pod (crackles a bit) and some other switching but works good still as far as I can tell. What should I do with it?? It must need new caps or some type of refurbishing at 30 years + and I only paid $200.00 for it. Is it worth it to spend any money on it or should I just pitch it, seem a shame as it still works fine. Thank you any and all that respond to this. It is appreciated!! Cheers, DMacG in Canada
dmacg

Showing 1 response by closdesducs

I too have a NAD 3020 that's been sitting in a closet since 2006. Just for grins, I disconnected my Audio Research amp/preamps and subbed in the 3020. Had to use Radio Shack speaker cables of unequal length and no-name ICs to fit the narrower dimensions of the back panel of the 3020. I powered it up expecting it to sound good since my Altec Valencia speakers are efficient, but they sounded really good!

I'll play this setup for the rest of the weekend and give the tube gear a little break. Running a Sony DVP-9100es as the source; I'll try it with my Thorens TT next. Guess I'll keep the 3020 for now; maybe use it in the office.