NAD 270/NAD C350

hi guys
what do you think about adding the nad c270 power added to my c350 integrated amplifier???

or would you go with something else??

same price more or less off course.

thanks
andreas75

Showing 2 responses by mattman

Do you want to use the C350 as a pre? Or do you want to add the C270 to the C350 to biamp? I added a C270 to my C350 to biamp my speaks and it works well. I can't say that adding the C270 made a huge difference in my system maybe stronger bass. At some point I plan to buy larger speakers that will benefit more from the C350 and C270 combo. I live in a small apartment and I'm not to able to listen to my stereo very loud. I'm using small two-way floorstanders and the two amps combined is probably overkill. I really never had any intention of adding the C270 to my C350. The C350 is a great amp by itself. but I found a real good deal on the C270 so I went ahead and bought it thinking I might make better use of the two amps down the road. Both amps are great products and I don't regret buying either of them. Because of my living situation and my speakers I'm not sure I've realized the full potential of the C350/C270 combo.
Andreas, I have a pair of Tannoy MX-3's. The Tannoy's are not the best speakers I've owned or the worst. They are just consitantly "decent" not great and not bad. They sounded good with the C350 by itself. Like I said in my other post, I really wasn't out to buy a C270 to add to the C350; I just found a good deal. Another reason for buying the C270 is that I have a Bottlehead Foreplay preamp kit, that one of these days I'll build and I thought the C270 would work good with it. Plus I figured it couldn't hurt to have a decent amp around in case I needed it. Or like I said, using the C350/C270 with bigger speakers like Vandersteens or Paradigms. You might hear more of a difference adding the C270 to your speakers than I heard with mine.
-matt