NAD 1600 Receiver

Anyone own or have this model?
If so I just had mine “overhauled”, and I can’t believe the machine that has been hiding inside its case!!!!  Boom. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xchuckhoness
I bought the 2600A power amp new, and still have it. Liked it very much back then, but not quite as much today.

If I remember correctly, the 7160 was the receiver version of my amp
Still using a decades-old 2125 receiver in a 4th system. NAD was amazingly well-built and offered tremendous value. From what I've read, that's not the case today, sadly. Really liked their products.
If I remember correctly, the 7160 was the receiver version of my amp

@trelja , Joe, I believe the NAD 7600 was the receiver version of the 2600 power amp:

http://www.hifi-classic.net/review/nad-7600-133.html

The NAD 1600 is a preamp/tuner, not a receiver.
I’ve tried other new preamplifiers and I’ve sent them back. I can’t find anything that I like as well as the NAD. I’m glad to hear of other favorable experiences. I too have heard that NAD is not what it used to be. I acquired a BlueSound Node 2 streamer recently. Proof positive that the organization isn’t what it used to be.
I use the Node to stream Spotify, have a Cambridge cxc cd transport running thru the Node, use a vintage jvc cassette tape deck,vintage jvc turntable. All thru the NAD to a McIntosh 2125 to Sansui 3500 and Olympus 1100 speakers utilizing an A+B setup. I’m now trying to integrate a computer into the system. Fun !!!!!!
@jmcgrogan2 you're right about the 7600.  Thank you, John.

Bought my NAD at Community Audio on Germantown Ave.   You may have also spent a lot of time there?  My first real high-end audio move, when I was a teenager in the late 80s.  Getting the power amp instead of the receiver saved me a few hundred, which got me over the hump.   I already had a decent tuner, jumped totally into "perfect sound forever", and tried moving on from vinyl.   The 2600A's level controls let me run straight in, with no preamp, which also saved me some.  No issues in swapping my interconnects between CD, cassette, and tuner.

My parents and sister were far more tolerant than I'd be of my 100-120 dB.  Fun times...
@trelja , Ha! Joe, we seemed to have followed similar paths.

I also stumbled upon high-end audio in the late 80's (1987?).
I bought the NAD 7600 as my ultimate receiver (and my last).
I moved to separates in to early 90's. I bought mine from Bryn Mawr Stereo in Jenkintown.

I stumbled upon the high end scene by replying to a small ad in the back of Audio magazine for a speaker company called Reel to Real Design, started by Bill Duddleston. He was selling speakers called Legacy back then, and building them in his garage! 
Later on, he changed the name of his company to Legacy Audio, and became quite famous.

Anyway, he sent me a bunch of literature in the mail which opened a new door for me. In it he mentions audio companies like Vandersteen and Audio Research, and magazines like Stereophile, that I had never heard of before. Opening the door to a whole new world.

I bought his top of the line Legacy 1's, which I believe are now called the Legacy Classic (now near his bottom of the line).
I bought the NAD 7600 to drive them....then several decades of insanity followed. ;^)