thank you in advance for your suggestions:
i am currently running my N802 with:
rotel 1095
rotel 1066
planet 2000
AU24 ICs thru out
Tara Labs RSC prime 500 speaker cables
RGPC 600

i am in the process of upgrading the pre and amp in a next few months to MAC 352 and C42, thus, need your suggestions for a long term speaker cables. I really like the Au24 ICs, wondering if it is a good idea/match to use the au24 speaker cables. Thanks again, Ken
keny

Showing 4 responses by audphile1

from what I've been reading, AU24 ICs and AU24 speaker cable is a team. Go to www.6moons.com and navigate through it to find review of AU24. How do you like the ICs? I have N803 running with ARC LS-15 pre and McCormack DNA-125 amp. Looking for ICs and speaker cables as well.
Keny, I've been reading lots of stuff on the net, as I am sure you have been as well, that the Audience's approach to cable design differs a lot from others. Currently I have Monster M950I interconnects between cd+preamd+amp and M2.4s biwire speaker cable. I am sure these cables are way under my system's capabilities. I think I'll go for AU24 but would like to find a dealer that allows for an in-home audition. Thanks for your response.
another thing to mention is that Audience, even with B&W Nautilus speakers, recommends single run and not the bi-wire. I never tried the AU24 speaker cables so I wouldn't know, but what I do know is that any cable I tried with these speakers that wasn't a bi-wire cable did not sound good. So you may want to ignore their suggestion or get both sets and send back the one you like the least.
That's what I've noticed, as I mentioned in my earlier post, that single wire run doesn't do it for the Nautilus. I don't know how Audience thinks that the B&Ws are better with a single run of AU24. But I did send them an e-mail a while ago and got a response that my speakers, the N803, would not benefit from a bi-wire run. Hmmm. This totally contradicts with what I've found to work best when trying different cables. The way to go is bi-wire for the Nautilus, but I do agree there will be benefit from bi-wire run with 2 sets of cables. Never tried it though.