Mytek Dac going Ac to DC power.

Feed back on those who Gone DC to power the Audio component's. As there's a number of AC/DC

power converters on the market place. BUT! SOME REALLY DON'T MEET a true Audiophile sonic bench mark.

Look forward to those who  HAVE gone DC.

tubes444
I agree 100% with Erik above. I tried the "non-audiophile", affordable, built like a tank Astron, and it bettered 4 other "audiophile" power supplies I had tried, which were priced up to $995. Sounds is all that matters. Hide it on the floor behind your rack, and nobody will ever know...
Post removed 
Hey @dweller - 

One rare feature in the Mytek Brooklyn is that it has a DC jack next to the normal IEC AC socket. In addition to the sound quality, it also seems to reduce the heat generated inside the unit. 

If you have an external power supply that can put out 12 V at 1 Amp, it will work. The Astron I am using has a maximum of 5 or 10 Amps. :) :) 

Best,

E
Hi all...this is a very timely thread.  I'm getting the DAC+ and would like to understand any small tweaks I can make that won't break the bank.

Which specific Astron model are you using with the Brooklyn DAC?

Does it come ready to "plug-n-play" or are there any settings to be changed on the PS or other parts needed?

Thanks!

Post removed