Mystere CA 21 Preamp

As far as i know, i think that i'm the first owner of this new preamp. It took me a while to get it, because the company decided to upgrade their already exellent volume potentiometer. Well, to sum it in a few words, this 1850 Euro preamp smashed, YES, smashed everything i tried before with my superb SS amp (basically a Naim amp, that was totally upgraded by Tedy Perdo). I tried around 10 preamps - SS and tubes - between 2000$-6000$, and the Mystere is simply in another league, in a much higher league! For example, It is much more transparent, detailed and dynamic than the VAC Standard MKII, with a more accurate, neutral, and ultimately, more involving sound - and let's remember that the VAC costs almost 3 times more than the Mystere! Most of the preamps that i tried sounded either as decent volume potentiometers or as a blocks between the source and the amp. The Mystere CA 21 makes you to understand, once and for all, what a crucial link is an active preamp. With this preamp in my system (Loudspeakers: Bosendorfer VC 7; Source: Michell Orbe SE; Amp: as mentioned before) the music flows from the speakers with mighty dynamics, rich colors, and low level details, in a huge, but very clear and organized, soundstage, and a very very low noise floor. The music is simply on the verge of a realistic experience! I just can't understand how they priced this so beautiful and heavy (20 kg.) music machine. I think that if the logo on the front of this preamp was "LAMM", you would'nt be surprised.
sonophilos

Showing 1 response by zephyr24069

I'd be interested in hearing more...can you send some details on this pre-amp via email? Thanks!