My Teres 350 is on the way

It's been quite a wait (ordered in January 2006), but I got the word yesterday that my new Teres 350 is packed up and ready to ship!

It's the first 350 that Chris has produced and features a new magnetic damped platter. It's sort of a hybrid between the 340 and 360, but with some of the new technology that was developed for the Certus line of direct drive tables.

Of course, the Schroeder Reference SQ is still on order...

Can't wait to get it set up!

Colin
indigorose

Showing 3 responses by jyprez

No, but I can only imagine it would be like heaven from the comments posted on by owners on A'gon. Are you offering invitations to hear yours? I'm in the market for a new TT / arm / cart over the next 6 mos. and the Schroeder would certainly have been on my short list but for the service concerns expressed here.
Poor customer service is never the hallmark of a successful business, no matter how good the product. Not to question Mr. Schroeder's work ethic but he is clearly a better audio engineer than business man. One would think for the price of the product he could hire a minimum wage subordinate to answer his emails.
It would be a shame if this shortcoming was the ultimate undoing of a company that - by all reports - makes an exceptional product.
I hope someday to buy one but I would never tollerate 14 months without a word from the supplier. I wish you luck Indigorose and look forward to the report on the Teres!
Thank you, Mr. Schroeder for your response. I'm sure you have better things to with your time than respond to my posts on A'gon. I was only responding to what I heard from other posters about responsiveness issues and I'm glad for all concerned that you set the record straight regarding your commitment to customer service - NOW GET BACK TO WORK! ;)

Seriously, however, I work as a business strategy consultant in the financial services industry. My observations reflect that fact that I have seen companies with fantastic products take their customers for granted only to see them flee the minute a competitor came along with a comparable product and better service. Innovation attracts new customers, service makes the innovation sustainable and I am pleased to hear you have a commitment to it.

As for production levels, obviously moving production to China is not the answer. Is there any answer short of cloning Frank Schroeder? It seems you may not be interested in being bigger even though you have the demand that many entrepreneurs would die for. That's you decision. But quality need not be completely compromised for the sake of improving productivity as I think many fine audio and non-audio companies have demonstrated.

Alles Besten und Froeliche Weihnachten,
Bob Mueller