My really dumb tube mistake(s)

8 years ago, I bought a sweet sounding Line Magnetic amp for my office system which a few years ago died and had to go to the repair shop. $500 later it was back working, but then recently I noticed the sound was getting thin, I couldn’t bias the tubes and thought something else was wrong with it, arghh.

Then I noticed one newer tube was able to be biased and decided to replace all 4 KT-88 power tubes.
Presto, the amp sounded great again!

Like the boiled frog, the sound degradation had been so gradual my brain had gradually adjusted. But the new tubes brought it back to life.

So, then I thought, wow, maybe I should try the same thing in my primary system with my Primaluna monoblocks, switch out the Primaluna tubes for some new Gold Lions. Again - wow! What a difference. Like I bought new amps, much richer and fuller sounding.

Tubes wear out, even if they don’t blow out.
Yes, duh, it’s a good idea to replace them every 4 years or so and not wait eight.
cdc2
@baylinor I know where you are coming from.  My main system uses tubes and I'm always mucking about with them (enjoying every minute of it).  My bedroom system is solid state and gives me "set it and forget it" freedom.

@tvad Throw on something relaxing and chill. This hobby of ours is niche at best and there is no room for elitism and snobbery.  We need to keep the door open to all comers with a big "WELCOME" sign on the doormat.  Everyone's opinion counts, and yeah yours too.

Mark
Post removed 
Roooooooll, another one, just like the other one.

Lets stick to the subject, roll another tube, just like the other one..:-)

Regards
Yeah it is funny how you do not realize the sound falling off until you replace tubes and then have the wow moment, why did i not think of this before lol.
You’re in the wrong thread.
This is about tube amplification. 
No one here cares about owning solid state amplification, or opinions about owning solid state amplification. 

Didn't know it was your job to tell people what thread to open, and there is no need to inject nastiness. Yes, that's how it comes off. The need to explain yourself is your clue.