My Personal Gift The Luxman PD-171 A Turntable.

On Feb. 8 I got the good news from my Oncologist after 2 operations and a year of infusions I was cancer free. For a long time my dealer has had the Luxman TT on display. With this behind me on Sunday Feb 10 (my birthday) I went down to the store and put in an order. Delivery was a surprise on Tuesday it arrived. I sold my Linn and had the cart a Dynavector 20xl2 transferred on to the Luxman. The build quality is impeccable. Love the strobe window for speed accuracy and the detachable headshell on the Jelco arm. Music has plenty of detail and excellent dynamics. Had to readjust my sub as I'm getting better response on the bottom end. I have a lot of older used albums in my collection and this TT is very quiet and really improves the sound of the older LP's. The rest of the setup is the Luxman CL38U-SE tube preamp. I'm using the preamps  internal 3 tube phono. Bryston 2.5 SST-2 amp and a pair of Aerial 5T's. Plus a small Paradigm sub to fill in the bottom. Down the road when I have to replace the Dyanavector I was thinking of the EAT Jos No5 or the Dynavector XX-2. Any other thoughts. By the way this is officially my last TT.
luxmancl38

Showing 1 response by adg101