My Last CD player

I like my vinyl but digital has its own set of benefits. When my last CD player fell of its perch, I move to streaming audio.  Overall, I have been happy with this decision.  I did notice that lately, a number of posters have been claiming that CD is “better” than streaming.  I figured that most of these were flat earthers. I recently had the opportunity to listen to a “new generation” CD player on a friends system.  I am not sure I would say it was better but it was different and in a very good way.  As I have an extensive CD collection, this set me off to evaluate a new CD player for my system .... at my age presumably the last I will own.  I have identified a few different used players that seem to check the short list boxes: Audio Research cd 7 SE, Ayon cd10 Signature II Ultimate, Ayon cd35 Signature I and Luxman 

D-06u.  I am auditioning the Ayon cd10 at home .... smooth, natural, musical, holographic image, but light on dynamics and soundstage. Anyone have experience with these players?  Any other suggestions?

chilli42
"They will be out of production and so become **rare* = high demand"

When out of production that will = "white elephant"  It doesn't work the way you think with highend audio components. All to common a tale...sadly.
 Nothing wrong with the Yamaha, in fact some of my recent SACD's of symphonic music have shocked me at how good digital could be. Bes at Music Direct personally delivered it and for now it sits on my dining room table until I figure out where to put it.

So what did you replace the Yamaha with?