My Jolida JD100 mod VS Music Hall CD25 mod

I purchased the Music Hall CD25 mod from underwood in December.The Cd player sounds great, but i wanted to know what the Jolida player was all about, since i am new to tubes and had just purchased the modded jolida 202A to go along with the Music Hall(love the Joida 202A mod from underwood!!!).So i purchased the modded version of the Jolida JD 100(with the underwood level 1 mod) from a seller here on audiogon.These players are two entirely different animals!!
If i could combine the best of both of them i would be in heaven but i find myself inbetween, and could lean either way, if the right thing were to be addressed in either player.
The Music Hall is so defined and has decent staging where as the jolida is not as defined and the staging is HUGE.I feel that if i could get the bass tightened up and a bit, and more accented on the Jolida, with a bit more extension in the upper frequencies,then things would be "right on" with the Jolida.
I do have some "VH Audio" power cords coming and i am hoping that will help me hear which way to go with these players.
I have heard that some GREAT tubes in the Jolida may help as well but i am really stuck on this cause each has there own sonic draw ya know.
They are so different but both sound so sweet in there own way.Didn't want to really keep both for financial reasons.
Any help or suggestions and or thoughts are much appreciated
THANKS!!
seekburk

Showing 1 response by mijknarf

I'm another owner of the Jolida (I have not heard the Music Hall so I'm not comparing here). My Jolida was purchased new from VeraStarr with minor mods: sound dampening sheets, electro-harmonix Russian 12AX7EH tubes and some sorbethane feet. I have tried two different sets of tubes: 1st was Sylvania "Gold Series" (gold pins) triple mica gray plates , 2nd was GE 5 star triple mica black plates. Although both an improvement over the Russian tubes, I prefered the sound stage and warmth of the GE tubes. Additional to the tube roll, I have placed my player on 3 isolation cones, replaced the PC with a VH Audio Flavor 4 power cord, and added a set of Hal-o tube dampeners from Herbies Audio Lab. At the end of the day, I'm wondering how this player can improve from here (for the $$)?