My Gemme Tanto V2's with an Acurus DIA-150

Hello everyone,

Well I recently made a move towards Gemme Tanto V2s speakers.I am presently driving them with an Acurus DIA 150 integrated,while awaiting for my second purchace.(a Peachtree Grand X1 integrated amp).That I will be receiving in about a month or so.But in the meantine I am almost unable to listen to this present set-up for almost any length of time.I have heard it being said that one has to careful in certain instances how one teems up their components with other equipment.Well ... I must admit I have never quite yet attested to a Quality speaker load to sound as terrible as is does now!! My lord,its like somebodys choked the life out this amp.I also heard it been said that the Gemmes do very well when driven with a powerful amp.What baffles me even more is that the Acurus played extremely well with my Castle Avon speakers! And it wasnt anywhere as brutal sounding (forward,stringent and glarery to name a few) as it does with the Gemmes!And in the low end factor, its a complete disaster! Jellolike with no weight,or solidity thats at least worth mentioning.What I would like to know mind you,Is that is it due the way the cabinetry is designed or the crossover networking,or even the build of the drivers that make this a very finicky speaker!They are also a Transmission Line spkr design(not sure if this falls into play also).Yet they are 92.5 db efficiency.Which in turn doesnt spell itself as difficult load per say to drive.Gemme Audio recommends 50 to 300 wpc amplification.And the Acurus integrated is 150 wpc in 8 ohms,and goes to 250 wpc in a 4 ohm load.Yet the Acurus is dead sounding in parallel! And just to add further mystery to this already confounding situation.My audiophile buddy stated the other day that apparently Wilson audio speakers(namely the Sophia's now called Sasha's) are known to be able to play well,even with average-like gear!

Has anybody out there has,or is, going through a simular experience? And can you please elaborate on this matter?
128x128zyac39

Showing 1 response by elevick