My first Tube Amplifier

I have a 40 years of audio history starting with Garrard Turntable, Fisher Intergrated(SS), ADS bookself speaker on 1978.

But I started using tube amplifier on 1999.

Since then I had been using only tube amplifier in my main system.

My last SS main amplifier was Krell KSA 150 to drive Apogee Duetta Signature speakers.

http://www.jadis-electronics.com/photos/ja500/45/3/ja500.jpg

My first tube amplifier was Jadis 500 which comprised of 4 pieces weighing 120 lb each.

B&W 801 driven by Jadis 500 gave most deep and powerful bass at my home.

But it generated too much heat so it was hard to use during summer.

It was memorable experience to use it for 4 years.

I may not go back to such monster tube amplifier again.

How about you?

What is your first tube amplifier?

I bet two cents on no one had used larger one as the first tube amplifier than mine.

128x128shkong78
@wolf_garcia 

Fender Bandmaster must be pretty good guitar amplifier.

Marantz tube receiver also had a good reputation.
Early (pre "CBS") blonde Bandmasters and Showman amps were great...I used that amp head for live shows with various speakers here and there for a long time...worked great with a Marshall 412 cabinet. I moved on to smaller amps eventually, now preferring a single ended "class A" 18 watt Burriss amp, and a Reverend Goblin 5/15, and both of those are astonishing tone monsters...I have an Eden combo bass amp that’s magical, and a new-ish Ampeg "Portaflex" class D thing with a 400 watt 15 that is nothing if not cute. That Marantz was way underpowered, but if used with efficient speakers might have been great.
" My first stereo tube amp was a Marantz tubed receiver in maybe 1970 that was destroyed in a fire"
wolf, I don't think Marantz ever made a tube receiver, McIntosh maybe?
@wolf_garcia
It strikes me that you might appreciate this- the guitarist in my band uses a Marshall Major. I don't think he ever runs it past '2'.

My first tube amp was a Knight KA-95. EL34, 35w/channel integrated amp.

@atmasphere 

Knight KA-95 appears to be nice one for first tube amplifier.

It is really fun to do tube rolling.  That could be good DIY project