My Bricasti M1 expereince......

I got my Bricasti yesterday as promised by Brian. I let is sit for 24 hours to get to room temperature in order to avoid any condensation issues (it is cold up here!).

I installed it today and made a quick comparison with me PWD MkII with the Upgrade Company Statement mods. The M1 blew the PWD MkII out of the water so easy...

Yes it is double the price but it is worth it. I thought the PWD sounded very good but in comparison it sounded lean with a lot less body and with a defused soundstage. The M1 sounds real and with a very focus soundstage. You can pin point every instrument and voice in its own space. It just sounds a lot more analog and natural.

It is so good that I am going to sell my Wadia 27 and PWD MkII to buy a second unit for my other system.

In addition to the beautiful design and great performance dealing with Brian Zolner was a total pleasure. He was so quick in responding all my questions and a total gentleman.
musicman159

Showing 1 response by jon2020

Musicman,
Congrats on your new Bricasti M1 DAC. My personal experience with the M1 unexpectedly turned out to be rather brief. I was rather disappointed as I had very high hopes for it.
I auditioned it at home by connecting my dCS Puccini player (with U-clock) to the M1 via Kimber Kable KGDL digital cable. With the Puccini as CD/SACD transport driving the M1, I felt I lost what the U-clock was doing for the Puccini. Somehow, the sonic performance could not be optimised - the M1 imposed a veil between me and the music when before, there was none. I think the audio path for the Puccini and U-clock together is compromised to an appreciable degree when the digital signal is routed out to the M1.
Needless to say, I returned the unit but I am quite confident, given all the rave reviews that the M1 has received, that it would sound superb connected to its very own dedicated transport. So, over to Bricasti to bring us that missing link.