my 9000es is acting strange

It has been in storage with the rest of my system for 1.5 years. How did I survive? I kept my turntable and phono-pre and listened through a Brookstone radio.

ANyway, upon starting the 9000es up, the disc tray was very shy. They typically move slowly, but it wouldn't come out at all. Like a groundhog seeing its shadow, it refused to come out.

THis passed.

Problem 2:

Certain SACDs will not play through. I get "13:00" (disc dirty) on teh display, which is BS.

Bigger problem: Certain hybrid discs that I am 100% certain would play either layer fine in the past will now only read as CDs. THis includes my rolling stones and Dylan SACDs.

I REALLY don't want to send my pristine 9000es to some ham-handed Sony Authorized local repair center. Not that they are all bad, as I am sure that some are certainly not, but I'm not paying someone to fix the damn thing only to get it back all scratched up. (it has happened before).

I don't know if anyone knows of a factory reset, or something of this sort that I could perform, OR perhaps one of these modder-genuises might be able to fix me up.

I know these things had or have as teh case may be, intermittent probs reading some particular discs, however THe Stones and Dylan discs would read fine before. Now I press the CD/SACD button while the disc is loaded and nothing happens.

Anyway, thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be someone's $0.02 that will fix me up.
gthirteen

Showing 1 response by gthirteen